The Baptismal Font
Our Baptismal Font was commissioned in 1850 (six years after the founding of the parish) by Elizabeth Perkins (whose family also established the Perkins School for the Blind in Watertown). It is the oldest possession of the parish, designed by Frank Wills, and originally installed in the building on Green Street (now the Longfellow Place condo towers). It has followed us from Green Street to Bowdoin Street to Brimmer Street! It has been recently been restored through the gift of another generous parishioner.